Friday 15 February 2013

I LOVE my new Filofax! - Part two

So taking up from where we left off last week.... I am using dodo pad inserts in my filofax. This is a photo of how the week is set out. It is a grid format like a school timetable.  The sections along the top of the grid are blank so you can label them yourself.


Mine are Notes, Am, Pm, Hubby and Kids. The clear layout for the week means I can see where all of us are supposed to be easily.  I use the Notes column for birthdays, holidays and anniversaries etc.  Am and Pm are for my day and any appointments to do with our home and Hubby and Kids help me keep track of their week too.  Another thing I love about Dodo Pads is that each week has a different theme and there are funny little drawings and quotes to entertain you on the page opposite the weekly diary while giving you plenty of space to make notes or to doodle.  




The stickers I have used in this photo are also from JapanCorner, they say Birthday, Travel, Happy, Eat and Shopping and some are blank so you can write your own underneath the cute girl characters.

As I said last week I am also using the diary that came with my filofax.  The Dodo Pad tells me our family's week at a glance and then I use this diary to go into more detail.  There is enough room to do this in the Dodo Pad but I thought I may as well use this diary too as it is a bit of a waste not to.  It is a simple week over two pages set up but I am enjoying using it as I have been decorating it with stamps and washi tape.





This is a close up of my favourite stamp, it is a Russian doll and I am a bit obsessed with them.     My friend brought me an umbrella with them all over it for Christmas and now when it rains I'm happy because I get to use it. I also got some hand warmers made with Russian doll fabric from my sister inlaw so I guess people know my secret!





At the back of my filofax I have a large pocket that is full of stickers and the care instructions for my dividers.


Lastly this is my pen, I got it from ebay as I thought it went well with everything else in my organiser.  It says on it "If we do a green thing, the earth can be better!" and while I can argue with the grammar I can't with the logic! 

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous stationery-I want that stamp! & am with you on the Matyroshka obsession :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I'm glad I'm not alone with my obsession! I wish I could get the stamp in a couple more sizes, I think I shall be keeping an eye out for them on eBay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You inspired me to get a filofax =) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's fantastic! I hope you love it as much as I love mine!

      Delete
  4. I'm with you on the Dodo, love mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are addictive aren't they? I don't think I will ever find a better planner to replace it with, especially as I'm not looking for one!

      Delete
  5. I'm so happy to see the kokeshi stickers being used on your page :-D I've never used Dodo Pads inserts, but it looks like a lot of fun! And thank you for mentioning my shop- a visitor left a comment on my blog today through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say that makes me far happier than it should :D Thanks for stopping by to tell me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love stationary, definately considering doing a post to show my collection! Do you ever buy stationary but can't use it because it's too pretty?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for following me! I haven't brought any stationary that was too pretty for me to actually use BUT I can completely understand that ;)

      Delete
  8. You're making me want the stamp, pretty tape, stickers ...oooh I never grew out of my stationery obsession! Just been crushing on the 'Malden Zip' Filofax in purple-how fab! Since I have neither a spare £140 or an ipad, it won't be happening anytime soon, but a girl can drool.;-)..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that! The Malden is so nice but which would you buy first, the Malden or the iPad to go in it? ;) I think you will like my week #9/52 when I post it next week, I have new tape, stickers and a couple of new inks too! God bless eBay!

      Delete