Thursday 7 February 2013

I LOVE my new Filofax! - Part one


So as part of my getting organised kick I invested in this lovely pink A5 Apex Filofax when it was in the post Christmas sales.  I know A5 is quite big but I felt I needed the extra space on the page as I hated trying to squish everything in when I have used smaller diaries in the past and I don't usually take it out of the house so it doesn't need to fit into my bag (though my bag is pretty big anyway!).  I use the calender on my mobile when I'm out and about and just transfer things across once I'm home. So this is it....


I have always loved stationery.  I can remember being excited during the summer holidays as I got to buy all the new bits and bobs for going back to school in September.  Pens, pencil cases, folders, colouring pencils, notebooks, I loved them all and yes I realise I was and still am a bit of a geek. Anyway I managed to find some really cute handmade dividers from a seller on Esty called JapanCorner.  She personalises them so you can choose what you would like on each tab.  Mine are Diary, This Week, To Do, Ideas and Contacts. Diary and Contacts are self explanatory and This Week takes me to the current week in the diary.  At the moment I am writing simple to do things in the diary on the day I need to complete them and using the To Do section for bigger goals that might take some time to finish.  Ideas is for my blog planning (yes I do put some thought into these) and anything else that I think might be worth while jotting down.
I do love everything in the JapanCorner store and I also enjoy reading her blog too.  I would like to buy a set of contact pages from her next as they are much prettier than the standard ones that came with my binder.


You can see the personalised cover of my dividers in this photo, each divider has one of these kawaii characters on them and I think they are really fun. The contact pages I am lusting after match the dividers too.


On the inside of the front cover there are three pockets, I have some post it notes in the smallest and a loyalty card for a free coffee (I must keep it in a safe place as I'm only one sticker away from my freebie!)  I also have some business cards and ephemera from different companies that I thought were too nice to throw away.  I guess I am treating my filofax as a kind of scrapbook as well as an organiser but having things like these in it makes me happy when I open the binder so I shall keep them in here.


A close up of the tabs... 

















At the moment I am using two diaries in it.  I have been a fan of Dodo pads for the past five years so I HAD to have a dodo pad insert as I really can't live without one of their diaries anymore.  This one is an Acad-Pad which means it starts at the beginning of the school year in September instead of starting in January.  It also has some student related humor and even though it has been a long time since I was a student I still find it very funny.  The second diary I am using is the one that came with the filofax, it has a week over two pages and this is where I am writing my easy "to do" lists.  The Dodo Pad is the diary for me to organise the whole family whereas the 2nd diary is just for me for things that I need to do and remember etc.


I will write a bit more about Dodo pads and show you the rest of my filofax in part two, hopefully on Monday as I have a very busy weekend planned. Thanks for reading this!

19 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda! I LOVE your Filofax so much, that's my favourite colour ;) And thank you SO much for putting up the photos of the dividers!! It's really exciting to see them in your Filofax! They are perfectly matching the colour of your Filofax as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they do go really well don't they. I saw your new page markers on your blog this morning, I'm adding them onto my wish list!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Oo very cute-I didn't realise such things existed- the Etsy inserts that is! Loving the way it's personalised with lots of little bits n bobs in the pockets too. I think you're right about the size; I had the tiniest Filo in acid green & whilst it was v cute & portable, everything was soo squished that it didn't help me feel organised at all, just cluttered. Also,for a birthday/ trip away I liked to use it as a journal sometimes as well as an organiser & my writing became so tiny. Saying that, I then got a ( greatly reduced) A5 sized one & didn't really use it. My Mum got me a cool diary for Christmas last year. It's a 'language'themed diary ( she knows I lurve languages!) & has interesting facts from around the world & some art too. Enjoy your busy weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you! I don't think I would like using it half as much without the fun dividers and my ever growing collection of ephemera. I am really liking the A5 size as I have so much space to work with and it doesn't get all cluttered and confusing. Your diary sounds lovely too, it's good when something you use every day can lift your spirits! xx

      Delete
  3. The Dodo Acad-Pad fits perfectly - colours match too! What a great idea to run both the Dodo Pad for organising the family and another for your own personal stuff :) I use the A5 Dodo Pad insert in my Filofax binder - a Raspberry coloured Chameleon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the 2013/14 acad pad will go beautifully with its cornflower blue cover!
      I love the raspberry chameleon, it's a fantastic colour and I like the look of the leather too.

      Delete
  4. I really want a filofax now!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! You can devote an entire section to keeping track of your nail polishes ;)

      Delete
  5. Hi! I recently moved up from a personal size Filofax to an A5 and I, too, am loving it. Thanks for sharing yours and your lovely dividers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I do think I would struggle with a smaller size after using my A5, for me it is perfect.

      Delete
  6. It looks great! Thank you for sharing and enjoy your new Filofax :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanillafolders and thanks for taking the time to stop by and to leave a comment!

      Delete
  7. Hello Amanda!!!
    Since I´ve found your blog I fell in love with the Apex A5 FF!!! So in love that I played it yesterday in my basket and confirmed the order... So now I just have to wait for it to find her way home to me!!!!
    I´m also a big stationary lover!! Esp. Kawaii.
    So I will also going to pimp my FF with dividers from Japan Corner! Can´t wait to order them.
    Let´s get organized!! Woot Woot...
    (I´m Dutch but live in Germany since 2010)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Sorry I didn't reply before now, I must have missed your comment! Has your Filofax arrived yet and which colour did you go for?
      I love my dividers, Japan Corner is so talented!

      Delete
  9. I love the interior pockets in the A5 Apex; I wish the Personal had a few more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really miss all those pockets now I'm using the Original instead of the Apex! They were so handy.

      Delete
  10. Oh my god! The same dividers. I bought them on e-bay from Japancorner! Are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a shop on etsy too, I love her products!

      Delete